Saturday, December 21, 2013

"Break a Leg!" The Early History of Saint Michael's Playhouse as a Regional Summer Theatre: Thesis Presentation!

Many things have happened already in December that are making it a pretty great month!

One of the most crucial events, particularly to my education, is that I finished and presented my thesis! I had the task of writing a 40-page thesis by December 7th, when I would present on my topic. You can check out the presentation below, recorded by the wonderful Alex! She's the best - she even picked out my outfit thank goodness!


Here's me presenting on my topic: An Early History of Saint Michael's Playhouse. Enjoy!


One of the great things about my thesis in History was that I was able to combine my interests in Theatre, my other major. Choosing Saint Michael's Playhouse, which I interned last summer with, enabled me to look further into the background of how the SMP originated. It's also great to see how far the theatre has come. I will also be lucky enough to intern with Chuck Tobin, the artistic director of the SMP!

My parents, my faith family, friends, and classmates were there to support me and I was so overjoyed that so many people were there to appreciate my hard work! It paid off and I received an A- on my thesis! I am more than satisfied and grateful that my efforts proved a great result! 

Working on this project demonstrated to me that I was capable of producing such a work of large size. While looking at graduate schools, I've been noticing that a similar piece of work is necessary for the capstone of those projects. I now know that I can do it! While daunting while it's happening, you definitely feel accomplished afterwards. It's a great feeling!

It also makes Christmas break that much more enjoyable! Be sure to be on the lookout for more blog posts about my semester wrap-up, what I'll be doing this break, and what's next!
Wishing you and yours a very merry Winter Solstice, (shortest day of the year!)
Katelyn :)

No comments:

Post a Comment